The Federation of Nail Professionals Limited (THE FEDERATION OF NAIL PROFESSIONALS) is a not for profit company, limited by guarantee and owned and managed by its members. Registered in England, No: TBC Registered Office: THE FEDERATION OF NAIL PROFESSIONALS Limited, UK (email@example.com)
For the purposes of the GDPR, THE FEDERATION OF NAIL PROFESSIONALS is the ‘controller’ and ‘processor’ of the personal data you provide to us
If you have any queries about this Policy, the way in which THE FEDERATION OF NAIL PROFESSIONALS processes personal data, or about exercising any of your rights, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to Data Protection, THE FEDERATION OF NAIL PROFESSIONALS, UK (email@example.com)
Please read this Policy carefully as it contains important information on who we are, how and why we collect, store, use and share personal data, your rights in relation to your personal data, how to contact us and supervisory authorities in the event that you would like to report a concern about the way in which we process your data.
What personal data do we collect?
We may collect and process personal data you provide to us if you:
- enter a contract with us to receive products and/or services,
- complete a form on our Website
- complete a survey
- correspond with us by phone, e-mail, or in writing
- report a problem
- sign up to receive our communications
- create an account with us
Information we collect about you:
If you visit our Website, we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating systems and platform
- information about your visit to our Website such as the products and/or services you searched for and view, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
If you enter into a membership contract this information could include:
- your name, title, company name, date of birth and gender
- contact details including telephone number, postal address & company address, email address (where provided by you)
- copies of your qualifications to verify your membership level
- documentation for verification of any change to name
- website and social media details
- CVs and career information
- transaction information
- IP address
We may also receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide.
In certain limited cases, such as in industry surveys, we may collect certain sensitive personal data from you – such as age, gender, ethnic origin, qualification details etc. However, we will only do so based on your explicit consent or for other compliance purposes.
How do we use your personal data?
When we ask you to supply us with personal data we will make it clear whether the personal data we are asking for must be supplied so that we can provide the products and services to you, or whether the supply of any personal data we ask for is optional.
Contract performance: we may use your personal data to fulfil a contract, or take steps linked to a contract:
- to provide the products and/or services to you
- to communicate with you in relation to the provision of the contracted products and services
- to provide you with administrative support such as account creation, security, and responding to issues; and
- provide you with industry information, surveys, information about events and industry opportunities, offers and promotions, related to the products and/or services.
Legitimate interests: where this is necessary for purposes which are in our, or third parties, legitimate interests. These interests are:
- providing you with newsletters, surveys, information about our events or industry opportunities, offers, and promotions which may be of interest to you
- communicating with you in relation to any issues, complaints, or disputes
- improving the quality of experience when you interact with our products and/or services, including testing the performance and customer experience of our Website
- performing analytics on sales/marketing data, determining the effectiveness of promotional campaigns
- developing, improving, and delivering marketing and advertising for products and services offered
NOTE: you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data on the basis of legitimate interests as set out below, under the heading Your rights.
Where required by law: we may also process your personal data if required by law, including responding to requests by government or law enforcement authorities, or for the prevention of crime or fraud.
Cookies are text files placed on your device to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity. For further information visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
These websites provide information on how to remove cookies from your browser. You may also set your browser to not accept cookies. Please note, in some cases this may lead to reduced functionality on our Website.
Our website may include links to other websites. This privacy notice only applies to this website so when you link to other websites you should read their own privacy notices.
Events & Competitions
When you enter any competition through The Federation of Nail Professionals or book a place on one of our events, we will use your information to process your payment and to provide you with any support required for you to take part or attend.
We may ask for your consent to send you future information relating to similar competitions or events, which you may opt out of at any time by using the unsubscribe option on any email communications.
At any competition or event your name will be held on a delegates list or competition entrant list. Beyond this your personal data will not be passed to any third parties such as event organisers, judges, or other authorised parties outside of their data requirements to facilitate the contract they hold with The Federation of Nail Professionals.
If you are a shortlisted or become finalist for any competition organised by The Federation of Nail Professionals, we may include your name, your business or salon name and an image of your work and your model on social media, on The Federation of Nail Professionals’ Website, and in press releases to industry magazines who may publish your name, business or salon name, and image of your work and your model in magazine articles, on their social media and on their own websites. You will be responsible for getting consent from your model for their image to be shared in this way. The Federation of Nail Professionals can provide you with a consent form for this purpose should you require one.
If you are not an existing paid member of The Federation of Nail Professionals, we will ask for your consent to contact you about The Federation of Nail Professionals membership, other similar events or competitions. If you choose to receive these notifications, you may opt out any time in the future by using the unsubscribe option on email communications.
Who do we share your personal data with?
Your personal data may be shared with members of the Federation of Nail Professionals management and staff for internal purposes
The Federation of Nail Professionals will take all reasonable steps to ensure that our internal use of your personal data is protected, and that awareness of information security obligations is in place. We limit access to your personal data to those who have a genuine business need to know it.
We may also share your personal data with trusted third parties including:
- legal and other professional advisers, consultants, and professional experts
- service providers contracted to us in connection with provision of the products and services such as providers of IT services and customer relationship management services
- providers of SEO and analytics services that may be used to assist us in the functionality of our Website
- any other party where there is an interest that is legitimate and sharing of your personal data would be a requirement of the contract between The Federation of Nail Professionals and the other party
We will ensure there is a contract in place with the categories of recipients listed above which include obligations in relation to the confidentiality, security, and lawful processing of any personal data shared with them.
We will share personal data with law enforcement or other authorities if required by applicable law.
How long will we keep your personal data?
Personal data will be held for the duration of any contract you have with us and where necessary for statutory requirements.
If you receive marketing information following your request via our sign up procedures, you may change your preferences or unsubscribe from these communications at any time by utilising the unsubscribe option included on all marketing communications sent via email.
Where do we store your personal data and how is it protected?
Your personal data is stored on our secure online server. We take reasonable steps to protect your personal data from loss or destruction. We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
If you have created a username and password (or other means of identification) which provides access to selected areas of our Website, you are solely responsible for the confidential storage of this information and this information should not be shared with any third parties.
Due to the nature of the internet complete security in transmission cannot be guaranteed, however we will do our utmost to protect your personal data and any data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once transmission is received your personal data will be held under strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access to the best of our ability.
Under the data regulations you have various rights, as a data subject, with respect to our use of your personal data:
- access and obtain a copy of your data on request (some or all your data may be available to you on your membership account via your personal secure login)
- require The FNP to change incorrect or incomplete data (you may also do this via your own membership account through your personal secure login)
- require The FNP to stop processing or delete your data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing
- object to the processing of your data where the organisation is relying on its legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing
- ask The FNP to stop processing data for a period if data is inaccurate or there is a dispute about whether your interests override the organisation’s legitimate grounds for processing data.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us. You can make a subject access request by requesting and completing the organisation’s Subject Access Request Form.
Please note that there are exceptions to the rights set out in the. If we are unable to comply with your request, due to an exception, we will explain this to you in our response.
If you have any queries about this Policy, the way in which THE FEDERATION OF NAIL PROFESSIONALS processes personal data, or about exercising any of your rights, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to Data Protection, THE FEDERATION OF NAIL PROFESSIONALS Limited, UK (email@example.com)
If you believe that your data protection rights may have been breached, and we have been unable to resolve your concern, you may lodge a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office, the appropriate authority for personal data security, or to seek a remedy through the courts. Please visit https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ for more information on how to report a concern to the UK Information Commissioner’s Office.
Changes to our Policy
We reserve the right to make changes or to amend The Federation of Nail Professionals’ Policy in the future and any such amendments will be updated on this page. The updated version date will be held at the bottom of this Policy.